Sweet Flavour Bacon / Ham Curing Salt
This cure mix contains the necessary ingredients for successful curing i.e. cure and salt to produce traditional style bacon or ham with great colour, texture and a sweet taste!
Take care to avoid contact with other meats in fridge to avoid cross-contamination by nitrate.
- Sweet cure mix
- Supplied as 50g, 500g, 10kg
To every 50g of cure use 1Kg of meat.
- De-bone and trim loin and belly. (or other meat)
- Ensure curing salt is distributed evenly, particularly in pockets and cavities.
- Vacuum pack meat.
- Allow to cure one day per half inch (13mm) thickness of meat, plus 2 days.
- Store at 2oC - 4oC.
- Turn every 2 days. Apply date sticker for your own records.
- once curing process is finished, rinse off excess salt and ensure meat is fully dried before slicing and packing.