Lucas Easi-Cure Traditional Flavour Curing Salt
This cure mix contains the necessary ingredients for successful curing i.e. cure and salt to produce traditional style bacon or ham with great colour, texture and taste.
To every 30g of cure use 1kg of meat.
Take care to avoid contact with other meats in fridge to avoid cross-contamination by nitrate.
- 10kg of traditional curing salt
- Re-sealable tub
- De-bone and trim loin and belly. (or other meat)
- Ensure curing salt is distributed evenly, particularly in pockets and cavities.
- Vacuum pack meat.
- Allow to cure one day per half inch (13mm) thickness of meat, plus 2 days.
- Store at 2°C - 4°C.
- Turn every 2 days. Apply date sticker for your own records.
- Once curing process is finished, rinse off excess salt and ensure meat is fully dried before slicing and packing.
INGREDIENT LISTING: Salt (80-90%), Sugar (10-20%), Preservatives (E250 (0.80%), E251 (0.50%)), Antioxidant (E301) (<2%).